If you like to pay any kind of attention to the world of beauty and makeup, then you will know that the undoubted biggest trend over the last couple of years has been contouring. When you can contour well, you can literally change the shape of your face and features, all without the aid of surgery! However, did you know that contouring is sooo last year? That’s right, a new trend has emerged and it’s called draping. It was around last year but contouring was still queen. This year is draping’s year. Here is how to drape!
• Draping is actually a makeup technique that has been around since the 1960s. Instead of matte shadow-hued powder, you want to grab your peach or soft peach blusher.
• You proceed to sweep it around your cheekbones, and if you so wish, your eyelids.
• You need to think of draping as contouring your face with colour instead of shade to hide parts.
• When you choose your two different colours, make sure that you choose two really different kinds of pinks so that when you come to blend them together effectively.
• Don’t be afraid to take the colour right up to your temples using a really fluffy brush to blend it really well. As well as a light covering around the sockets of your eyes to make the colour pop along with your cheekbones.
• The next trick is to use highlighter in your usual way in order to bring the skin alive that hasn’t been touched by the draping method. If you don’t use highlighter to accompany it, you won’t get that fully realised effect.
• Finish the look off with a suitable coloured pink balm on the lips, and you are left with a fresh-faced, sculpted look but wonderfully colourful and vibrant face, and not a single contour shade in sight!
If you prefer to watch a video, here goes: