Uses for expired cosmetics should not involve changing their texture or turning them into a different makeup product!
I’m saying this because I came across a lot of advice that, although it may sound reasonable, suggests using expired cosmetics for DIY concoctions with a goal of making a new beauty product.
Worry not, as there are plenty of other things you can do with your precious but expired stuff!
So many, in fact, that you’ll probably wish you hadn’t thrown out some of the things you did.
No need to beat yourself up about it, though.
Check out this list of suggestions and find uses for expired cosmetics you still have or a way to get the most out of a product that’s nearing its expiration date.
1. Turn a Mascara Wand into a Standalone Brush
Keep the wand of your favorite mascara (or a wand of a really fancy one you’ve decided to splurge on), wash it well and you’ll have a new makeup tool to use in many ways!
If that particular wand happens to be the perfect one and you’re not ready to splurge some more to get a brand new product, use it with the mascara you currently have.
All you have to do is remember to wash it well after each use and store it in a clean case.
You can also use it as a brow brush or to remove clumps and separate the lashes after you’ve applied mascara.
Ultimately, you can team it up with cake mascara – an old school product that does need some getting used to, yet is something every makeup junkie should try.
Now that’s a lot of uses for expired cosmetics, I’d say!
And we’re just getting started!
- 9 Ways to save Money on Cosmetics ...
- 7 Safe Uses for Expired Cosmetics ...
- 27 Sexy 😘 Smokey Eye Makeup Inspos 💡 to Rock 🤘🏼 in 2017 ...
- Makeup 💄 Techniques Simplified 👌🏼 for the Cosmetically Confused 🤔 ...
- 7 Best Waterproof Cosmetics for Those Unexpected Moments ...
- The Correct 👍🏼 Order to Apply Makeup 💄 for Girls Who Want to do It Right 👌🏼 ...